Monday, August 8, 2011

Cold, Hard Reality - TGIBBF #23 August 5

Every week, Lisa Ricard Claro hosts Book Blurb Friday for those of us interested in writing a potential book cover blurb for whatever photo gets chosen for that week. 
Here is our "book cover" for next week's Book Blurb Friday #23, provided by Kathy Matthews. I stumbled over this one this last week (part of why I'm three days late!) I had a bit of an idea when I first saw it, but it just wouldn't develop for me until today. I hope I can get my other writing challenge done today when it's due instead of being three days late on that as well! LOL


Another rain without the gutter repair promised by complex management. Tenants were responsible for the small garden areas at their entrances, but not building repairs. The hole being created by the rain water was getting bigger with each rainfall.

Mike was just about to call management again when he noticed it. He wasn’t sure what he was seeing, but he knew it didn’t belong. Using the umbrella to block the water, he reached down into the puddle and froze. Running his fingers along the item, he could feel the outline of a gun. He knew this was no toy. He also knew, because of the news, that there had been a shooting a few blocks away last night.

Mike didn’t like the idea that that someone in the complex might be the shooter, but he liked even less that they’d chosen his front door to dispose of the weapon.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home