Friday, May 4, 2012

Day 01 - Something I'm Looking Forward to this Year.

Well, we're on month five of the year 2012, and I've already had a job (first in four years) that lasted from January through April. I was a tax preparer for the first time ever and I did enjoy it. I'll admit I was scared to death I'd get a super complicated business return because I really hadn't yet learned how to do those. Our company party is on the 12th and that's when we will all receive our bonus checks (the commission rate we get on the fees paid on the returns we prepared).


So, what am I looking forward to this year? It would have to be more than one thing. I'm definitely looking forward to that bonus check. I'm also looking forward to tax school this Fall so I can get more detailed training on how to do the more complicated returns, because I did enjoy doing that job. 


Then I'm looking forward to my daughter getting a new car. The engine in the car she bought last year, blew a rod. I was able to give her $1200, but the cost to replace the engine would be $2500, which we just couldn't do. As of right now, someone is buying her old car for $500, which she'll add to the $1200, and her brother has promised to send $300, so we're hoping that she'll be able to find a halfway decent used car in order to begin an intensive job search after having lost her job in January. 


Finally, although I don't yet have one, I'm looking forward to getting a job before the year is over. The money I've been living on from my mother's estate trust will be depleted before the year is over and I need to have replacement income in place by then. I don't know what it will be or when it will happen, but I'm feeling pretty good about finding something somewhere.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home