Wednesday, February 12, 2014

What was your favorite place to visit as a child?


I used to love going to Cape May and hunting for Cape May Diamonds (a type of quartz found along the beach there). When we would go camping in the Poconos, I loved seeing Boulder Field. I couldn't imagine how all those huge boulders all got placed there together in one spot. Then when we were living in Venezuela, I loved going to Colonia Tovar on top of a mountain southwest of Caracas. They spoke German and served the most wonderful food and breads and the pottery shop was my favorite spot to go to look. I also loved going to the beach in Puerto Cabello. We'd stay at a beach house owned by friends overlooking the crystal blue Caribbean. I still favor forested areas, mountain camp sites, German food and pottery/ceramics shops. I'm not so fond of beaches now - way too many people.
 
 
 


Photo credit for Boulder Field - Some rights reserved by Paul J. Morris (www.flickr.com/photos/aa3sd/)
Photo credit for Cayo Morrocoy, Venezuela -By Danny86 (Own work) [CC-BY-SA-3.0 (creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0) or GFDL (www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html)], via Wikimedia Commons
Photo credit for Cape May Diamonds - Clark Perks at en.wikipedia [CC-BY-SA-3.0 (creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons

 

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home