Monday, March 3, 2014

Whistle and flute - a Captcha Challenge from Bubblews

When I first got this Captcha, I was thinking along the lines of the actual instruments. But, when I went looking for an appropriate image, I found that the phrase is 1) that of more than one pub in the UK and 2) the brand name of a new line of designer clothing in New York by designers Yoon Chang and Je-Won Hwang whose husbands are themselves Brits.

With regard to the pubs, I liked the image of this one located in SW London (Putney). I think I would enjoy going there myself. And, it reminds me of the small town of Ayr in Scotland where I had the opportunity to spend a day visiting.

Credit and license - By Ewan Munro from London, UK [CC-BY-SA-2.0 (creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0)], via Wikimedia Commons

Then there is this pub located in Barnetby-le-Wold. At one time it was a hotel called Station Hotel presumably because of its proximity to the local rail station. It appears to be located just south of where the River Humber opens into the English Channel. Now, to my British connections here, am I right in assuming that the word "WOLD" is akin to the words 'woods' or 'forest'? Do any of you live near there to tell me if, assuming I am correct, the area is a wooded or forested area?

And, that's about it for this segment of the Captcha Challenge.

Credit and license for this image - © Copyright David Wright and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons License.

Well, maybe not. I had to include an image of the actual musical instruments. LOL In the case of this

Credit and license - Attribution Some rights reserved by Abi Skipp (www.flickr.com/photos/9557815@N05/)




image, these are museum displayed pieces.

344: Ocarina
336: Mexican Whistle
347: Whistle
342: Costa Rica whistle
345: Polish whistle
346: Mexican whistle

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home