Monday, May 14, 2012

Day 11 (aka Day 08): Something about which people seem to compliment you.

There used to be a time when people commented on my hair color. Of course, it was mostly during the years when I hated being a redhead. I never liked getting a lot of attention and my bright red hair was an attention-getter for sure. I got called "Red" and "Carrot Top" more times than I could count. I was always asked where I got my red hair from since my dad was blond and Mom had really dark hair. 


Since there were so many redheads in our small town, I would sometimes joke that we all had the same milkman (which we did at one point), but in actuality, I got my red hair from my mother. She was born a redhead, but it went dark before she started school. As I got older, though, when I decided that being a redhead was an OK thing to be, I often had people compliment me on the color, asking if it was natural (it was). And, I was still asked from whom I got my red hair. Few believed that Mom had ever been a redhead.


I still occasionally have people tell me they like the color of my hair, although it is no longer natural.

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love red hair! I like it even more on those lucky enough to have lots of freckles. :O)

May 15, 2012 at 5:39 PM  
Blogger SJerZGirl said...

Freckle-face was infrequent, but was another name I heard. Funny that those freckles didn't last, but the ones on my arms sure did!

May 16, 2012 at 1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home