Wednesday, July 31, 2013

T is for Telling Your Children the Facts of Life

A friend sent me a joke today that I'll add at the end of this story. I responded to her that it reminded me of when I told my son how babies got inside mamas. He was way little, but he kept asking how babies got inside mom's bellies, did the dads cut them open to plant the seed, etc. Very precocious for a 2 yr old!! I explained as simply as I could (because the traditional simple answers just weren't cutting it for him) and the next time he and his dad went out for a drive, his dad came home absolutely FURIOUS at me!! He started telling me I was teaching Paul perversions, etc. I was shocked at how unglued he was over something like this. Believe me, I wasn't all that comfortable relating the information, but I've always understood that the time to tell a child is when they're ready to be asking.

Well, it seems they went down to look at the "girls" who hung out on 25th street and, Paul being such cute little guy, girls would pay attention to this adorable kid and dad would soak it all in. Well, Paul says to his dad, I know how ladies get babies in them. His dad looks at him and says, really? How? Paul says, "Men pee in them!" 

OMG - the spit almost literally hit the fan!!! But, it's still funny because I didn't go into GREAT detail because I wanted it to be a basic and simple answer. Well, Paul put two and two together and using what HE knew about his anatomy, came to the only logical conclusion. But, it sure did get me into a world of trouble!!!

How did it turn out when you told YOUR kids??

Here's the joke that made me think of this:

An 8-year-old girl went to her grandfather, who was working in the yard and asked him, "Grampa, what is couple sex?"

The grandfather was surprised that she would ask such a question, but decided that if she's old enough to know to ask the question, then she's old enough to get a straight answer.

Steeling himself to leave nothing out, he proceeded to tell her all about human reproduction and the joys and responsibilities of intercourse.

When he finished explaining, the little girl was looking at him with her mouth hanging open, eyes wide in amazement.

Seeing the look on her face, the grandfather asked her, "Why did you ask this question, honey?"

The little girl replied, "Grandma says that dinner will be ready in just a couple secs."

+BirdsAndBees +FactsOfLife +Children +Sex +Jokes +Introuble

Photo is mine. It was taken in 1984 at my parents' house on my son's 3rd birthday.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home