Thursday, August 1, 2013

U is for Ungrateful

I got this idea from another Bubblewer. I needed to write my "U" and the one I wrote yesterday vanished because of site maintenance. So, I decided the comment I left her on her post could also be my article.

I've been accused of being ungrateful. I'm sure at times it was true - I'm human and I make plenty of mistakes. But, one person who frequently makes it a point to claim that I am ungrateful is someone for whom I am the MOST grateful to have in my life. But, sometimes, he doesn't think he gets the recognition he thinks he deserves. I know that part of it is that he has developed some insecurities, so he needs constant stroking to feel legitimized, But other times, it's just plain annoying. I really hate having to quantify my actions in order to prove gratitude. Like today, he called and asked me if I wanted anything from the store. I sent him a text with the few things that were on sale that I wanted and one thing that I needed. He brought them over and I do appreciate it since I don't have a car. But, I had told him I needed sandwich bags. He got me snack bags. I can't use them at all. They're way too small. But, I hated to bring it up to him because he views that as not being grateful since he went out of his way. First of all, he offered. I didn't ask. Secondly, he didn't get what I needed. He got something totally different that I can't use because they're too small. But, because I point that out, I'm not sufficiently grateful. I don't know how to even break even with thinking like that. It isn't that I don't appreciate the effort, but when I can't use the result, I'm stuck.


Fortunately, I have the receipt and as long as I get a ride to the store, I can exchange these for the size I need.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home